If you have recorded sales in a spreadsheet and wish to upload a large number of sales into the Greater Giving Online database, this is possible by doing a Sales Import. In order for a smooth import process, please note the following requirements necessary to import.
- Edit Sales/Packages Permissions: Contact your Organization Admin for access to these permissions.
- Spreadsheet Requirements: The imported spreadsheet must be a .xls, .xlsx, or .csv file in order to be imported.
- Package Previously Created: Each sale must have a corresponding package created in Greater Giving Online. Create your Packages BEFORE importing otherwise you will encounter errors in the import.
Once you have ensured the aforementioned requirements are in place, you are ready to import your sales! Check out our Sales Import Fields article for more information about available sales fields.
Basic Process of Importing Sales:
- From the Project Home, click View/Edit Sales under the Sales header.
- Click Import in the toolbar above the Sales grid.
- Click Choose File to select the .xls, .xlsx, or .csv file from your computer to import.
- Note the Field Mapping. Greater Giving generally recommends starting with default mapping.
- Click Next.
- Choose your field mapping. The left-hand side is the fields found in the Import file. The right-hand side is fields available in Greater Giving Online.
- If you used default mapping, many fields should be marked with a green checkmark. These are fields the system detected and automatically mapped.
- Use the drop-down menus on the right-hand side to choose which of your fields will be mapped to Greater Giving fields.
- Once all left-hand fields have been mapped (marked with a green checkmark) click Next in the bottom right of the screen.
- The system will prompt you to Save your mapping.
- This is useful if you do frequent imports and want to save the mappings for later use.
- Click Next.
- The system will display a summary of Sales to be imported. This summary will include the Bidder Name, and Import Status.
- The Import Status column is a critical column to evaluate while importing Sales. This column will let you know if Sales will be merged, added as new Sales, or have an error while importing.
- At this point, you can fix any errors that are present, or make a check next to Skip Rows With Errors to import only Successful rows.
- Click Next to import.
- Finally, a Summary Report will appear that can be exported back into Excel. Click Finish to go back to View/Edit Sales.