Manually Adding a Bidder Role
A Bidder role is automatically assigned when a Supporter has a sale or payment applied to their record. This sale can be anything from an Admission, Donation, Sponsorship, even a zero dollar sale. You can also manually add the Bidder role to a Supporter by going into View/Edit Supporters, clicking Edit, and then selecting the Bidder tab. Below we will cover a step by step walk-through of adding a Bidder role onto a Supporter.
Reminder: A Sale, Payment, Allocated Admission or Enabling the Supporter for Online Bidding will automatically mark a Supporter as a Bidder. You do not need to manually mark someone as a Bidder in this case.
- From the Project Home, select View/Edit Supporters under the Supporters header.
- Locate the Supporter whose role you wish to change using the Search bar. If the Supporter is not already in your database, you can Add a Supporter.
- Click Edit on the Supporter.
- Click the Bidder Tab.
- Check the box for Is a Bidder in (Project Name).
- Fill out Bidder Number, Affiliate Type if applicable, Allocate Admissions, and add any applicable Bidder Notes. This area will also list any Credit Cards on File. Express Checkout will automatically become checked when a Credit Card is added onto a Supporter record, typically during Check In.
- Click Save when finished to save the new Bidder Role!