Manually Adding a Sponsor Role
A Sponsor role gets applied automatically to any Supporter that has a sale of a Sponsorship package. Because it is a sale, they also get applied as a Bidder, even though they may not necessarily be bidding (in the case of a Business). You can also manually apply the Sponsor role by viewing your Supporters, clicking Edit, then selecting the Sponsor tab. Below, we will cover a step by step walk-through of adding a Sponsor role to a Supporter.
Note: Any Sponsorship type package sold to a Supporter will mark them as a Sponsor. In that case, you do not need to manually mark them as such.
- From the Project Home, select View/Edit Supporters under the Supporters header.
- Locate the Supporter whose role you wish to change using the Search bar. If the Supporter is not already in your database, you can Add a Supporter.
- Click Edit on the Supporter.
- Click the Sponsor Tab.
- Check the box for Is a Sponsor.
- Choose an Affiliate Type if applicable. Also make check marks for Anonymous and Do Not Solicit at the Supporter’s discretion. Fill in any additional Sponsor Notes.
- Notice Show on Website and Show on Online Bidding are automatically selected. Uncheck if you do not wish for this Sponsor to appear either on your Project Website or on Online Bidding.
- Optionally Add an Opportunity.
- Opportunities are great for tracking solicited Sponsorship Packages. You can list the Target Package, the Asked Amount and Committed Amount, the Ask Date, the Solicitation Status, and the Primary and Secondary Solicitor.
- Click Save when finished to add your new Sponsor role!