Importing Online Registrations and Purchases
Importing Online Registrations and Purchases is a necessary step in making sure your Project data is accurate as possible. It also streamlines the data entry process by taking some of the weight off your shoulders, and letting the system do the work. Accessed from the Project Home, all errors (stop signs) must be corrected before we can proceed. This process takes place by clicking Switch Supporter, and either matching data with an existing Supporter or creating a new one. Below, we will cover a step by step walkthrough of the process.
- From the Project Home, select Import Online Registrations and Purchases under the Project Website header.
- The system will display purchases in the order they were originally made. The top area has no clickables, and just informs of what was purchased, or if a card was placed on file.
- The Purchaser area has the information entered by the purchaser into the Project Website. If the system does not automatically match it, click Switch Supporter.
- Here you can either Create a New Person or Pick a Supporter.
- If a company name was entered, you will also have an option for Create New Business, with Person as Contact.
- Create New Person – If you need to create a new Supporter using the provided data.
- This attendee is the same person as the Purchaser – If the Supporter data on the left matches the purchaser record.
- Pick a Supporter – If the Supporter exists, but was entered with slightly different information (i.e. entered as Jon, but in the database as Jonathan).
- Note: Deleting an Online Purchase does NOT prevent the Supporter’s card from being charged. This charge occurs as soon as the Supporter clicks Submit on the Project Website.