Using the Page Style Designer
The Page Style Designer is a portion of the Advanced Editing that allows you to complete customize colors, style, and design of your webpage. Again, we recommend setting up your page first in Edit Page Settings before beginning to edit using the Advanced Editing. Below, we will cover how to make the best use of the Page Style Designer.
- From the Project Home, select Manage Project Website under the Project Website header.
- Click View/Edit Page on Website. Read the warning, and then click Edit in Page.
- Click Edit Page in the top right of the toolbar.
- Hover over Page Settings in the tool bar, select Design from the drop down menu.
- Here you have the option of determining Page Layout and Page Container.
- Scroll down to see some Page Style templates. These are pre-built into the software and can be used to quickly make a page have a color scheme. If you would prefer to choose colors and style yourself, click the Change Fonts and Colors drop down menu.
- Choose Edit Page Style.
- Note: you have the options for Global Style and CSS Editing. Greater Giving does NOT support CSS, and is offered only as an option for advanced users.
- Greater Giving also does not typically recommend Global Style, as changes made to Global Style affect all current and future pages, and do not allow for Page edits to occur. Certain exceptions may apply, such as organization color schemes, adjusting default link size, or special footers.
- Option changes based on what topic has been selected. Colors will feature a color palette, Fonts will feature a list of acceptable fonts, Spacing will feature a pixel spacer, and certain Backgrounds will feature an image uploader. See our Design Categories article for more information about these categories.