The Media Module is the recommended tool for adding Video Content to your Website. These videos are added either by an Embed Code (most common), by Embed URL, or by Website File URL. While the Media Module can also display images, we recommend a Text and HTML Module for that. Read below for adding and configuring a Media Module.
Adding a Media Module:
- Navigate to the page you wish to add the module to. Ensure you are in Edit mode by clicking Edit Page in the top right corner (if it says View Page, you are in Edit Mode).
- Hover over Page Settings, and from the drop down menu select Add a New Module.
- Select the module from the list, and either drag and drop it to where you want it, or use the arrows in the right hand corner of the module to determine where it will be placed.
Adding a Video in the Media Module:
- In the Media pane, hover over the Pencil icon associated with the module to configure it further.
- First, Specify your Media by using the radial button to select either Embed Code, Embeddable URL, or Website file URL.
- If Embed Code is selected, paste the embed code from the video hosting site (YouTube, Vimeo, Flickr, etc.) in the text area. Embed Codes can be accessed directly from the video host.
- If Embeddable URL is selected, you can copy the URL of a webpage that has the media you wish, and the software will attempt to pull the media without you knowing the embed code.
- If Website file URL is selected, you will be asked to paste the URL where the file is hosted into the text box.
- Width - Force a certain width on the video.
- Height - Force a certain height on the video.
- Description - Optional, short description of the video.
- Media Alignment - Determines the alignment (Left, Right, Center) of the video.