Online Bidding: Guest Check-In
The Go Time feature in Greater Giving Online handles Check-In, Auction Sales, and Guest Checkout. When you check your guests in using Go Time, they are automatically sent a welcome text to allow them to start bidding. All that is required is a bidder number, the guests’ mobile number, and an admission allocated to the event.
- On the Project Home, click on Go Time under the Project Tasks header. It will open in another tab on your browser.
- Click Check-In Attendee.
Check In Step 1: Get Name
- Type the guest’s name in the Attendee field.
- Type a portion of the last name to see a list of potential matches. For example, type “sky” to locate “Tchaikovsky”
- A next to the name means the Supporter has already been enabled as an Online Bidder
- A next to the name means the Supporter has an admission allocated.
- If a guest is not listed, you can create a new one by clicking Create New Supporter, or by hitting the Tab or Enter key on your keyboard.
- Once the correct name appears, highlight the name and click Next.
Check In Step 2: Select Guests
- Make a check next to the ticket the Supporter is using. If they do not have a ticket you can choose the following options. See Allocating Admissions in Go Time for more information about these different methods.
- Complimentary Ticket - If Bookkeeping Admissions are enabled.
- Sell New - Sell the Supporter a new ticket.
- Use Existing - Search for an admission purchased by another Supporter.
- Use Details to update Group, Table, Meal, Email, or Mobile Number.
- Use Guest Info to update Address, Bidder Number, Phone, and Email.
- If a Supporter does not have a Phone or Email on file, they will have to use a Bid Assistant in order to bid on Online Bidding.
- Click Next.
Tip: If checking in a household where one or more of the members self-registered for Online Bidding, advise both members that they are assigned to two separate bidder numbers. They should choose which bidder number to use if they would like to share a bidder number.
Check In Step 3: Add Credit Card
This area is used to store the credit card to be used for the guest’s purchases. A guest may already have opted to store a credit card prior to the event which will show on file. They may also swipe a credit card at checkout.
- Click Swipe Card.
- Click within the textbox that appears, and swipe the card with the magnetic strip facing the arrows on the card reader.
- If the card cannot be read you can click Cancel and then click Type Manually. Type the credit card number, expiration date, and card holder name. Click OK
- The card Information will automatically populate. Click Finish and Check-In is complete!