Checking For Duplicate Supporters
As you use Greater Giving Online, you may notice recurring Supporters to your events. Because it is a database of contacts, you may run into scenarios of multiple entries for the same Supporter. In terms of best practices, Greater Giving recommends using our Check for Duplicates tool to ensure that any duplicate records get merged into a single record. This ensures that you have the most up to date information, as well as keeping a Supporter's history of sales, donations, and payments all in one place.
Basics of Checking for Duplicates:
- From the Project Home, click Check for Duplicates under the Supporters header.
- Select which information between the two records that is accurate/up to date using the radio button on either the left or the right.
- Click the Merge Supporters button after selecting the correct information.
* Note: This will only display one matching Supporter at a time.
**Note: You can click Supporters Not Duplicates and the system will not prompt you for this combination again.
This will then merge the two Supporter records into one record. We recommend doing this at least two times just in case you have more than one duplicate of a particular Supporter.
Rules for Recognizing Duplicates:
Greater Giving Online has a few simple rules that it runs through to determine if a Supporter is a match or not. Below, we outline these simple rules.
- Rule #1: Greater Giving Online will only match Supporters of the same type; Business to Business, Person to Person, etc.
- Rule #2: Greater Giving will match Alternate IDs. The Supporter Type rule above will still apply.
- Rule #3: If one or both Alternate IDs are empty, the system instead will match the records based off of the Supporter Full Name. The Supporter Type rule above will still apply.