After you have added Items, you can feel free to edit them as you see fit. Change location? Easy. Change description? Not a problem. All of it can be done by viewing your Items, selecting Edit next to the Item you need to change, and make any necessary edits! Below is a step by step walkthrough of editing your Items, including some options if the item is in a Package already.
- From the Project Home, select View/Edit Items under the Items header.
- On the Items grid, click Edit next to the Item you wish to change.
- Update the content and click Save.
Note: If the Item is already assigned to a Package, the Item's Description and Restrictions can be updated in the Package at this point. You will receive the following options for updating the PACKAGE:
- None - Do not alter the Package's text in Description/ Restriction.
- Replace All - Replace the entire Package's Description/Restriction with the new Description/Restriction.
- Only available if the original Package text is not empty!
- Merge - Replace the Item's old Description/Restriction in the Package with the new Description/Restriction.
- Only available if the original Description/Restriction text for the Item was not empty, the original Description/Restriction text for the Package was not empty, the original Description/Restriction text for the Item and the Package are not equal, and the original Item Description/Restriction text is found once and only once in the original Package Description/Restriction text.
- Append - Copy the new Item Description/Restriction text to the end of the Package's Description/Restriction.
- Respects the Project-level setting on whether to append the Item's name and text, or just the text.
- Edit - Allows the user to edit the original Package's Description/Restriction text to make whatever changes needed independent of the Item's Description/Restriction.