An alternate way of adding Items into your Project is using our Import Items feature. Importing Items is a great way to take an excel spreadsheet of all your previously procured items and place them directly into your Greater Giving Event Software. There are a few specific requirements for importing Items. Please review these requirements.
- Edit Item Permissions: Contact your organization admin for this permission.
- Supporter data imported first: The Supporter data is used for donors as well as solicitors, and is recommended to be in the system before you upload your Items.
- Column Headers: The column headers on your file are recommended to match the headers in Greater Giving Online for ease of importing.
Check out our Item Fields article to get a good idea of the available fields as well as any restrictions that apply to them.
Item Import Template: A basic sheet for importing your Items. Contains the recommended fields for importing Items into Greater Giving Event Software. Note: Any of these fields can be removed, except for the Item Name and Value.
Basic Process of importing Items:
- From the Project Home, click View/Edit Items under the Items header.
- Click Import in the toolbar above the Items grid.
- Click Choose File to select the .xls, .xlsx, or .csv file from your computer to import.
- Note the Field Mapping. Greater Giving generally recommends starting with default mapping, especially if you have used a template.
- Click Next.
- Choose your field mapping. The left hand side is the fields found on the Import file. The right hand side is fields available in Greater Giving Online.
- If you used default mapping, many fields should be marked with a green checkmark. These are fields the system detected and automatically mapped.
- Use the drop down menus on the right hand side to choose which of your fields will be mapped to Greater Giving fields.
- Once all left hand fields have been mapped (marked with a green checkmark) click Next in the bottom right of the screen.
- The system will prompt you to Save your mapping.
- This is useful if you do frequent imports and want to save the mappings for later use.
- Click Next.
- The system will display a summary of Items to be imported. This summary will include Item Name and Import Status.
- The Import Status column is a critical column to evaluate while importing Items. This column will let you know if Items will be merged, added as new Items, or have an error while importing.
- At this point, you can fix any errors that are present, or make a check next to Skip Rows With Errors to import only Successful rows.
- Click Next to import.
- Finally, a Summary Report will appear that can be exported back into Excel. Click Finish to go back to View/Edit Items.