Creating a Project Using a Past Project
Copying a past Project can be a useful tool if you have recurring events each year. Currently, it is also the only way to copy a Project Website from a previous year. See below for a step by step walk through of Copying a Past Project.
- On the Organization Home, click Create New Project.
- To get to your Organization Home from your Project Home, hover over the Project button in the top left corner and select Organization Home.
- In the box titled Project Name, type in a name for your Project.
- In the box titled Project Date, choose a date for your Project. Click Next when finished.
- Select Use a Past Project radio option.
- Using the now available drop down menu, choose which Project you wish to copy.
- Choose what you would like to Copy:
- All Settings, No Data: This is our most common choice. It allows you to copy the majority of your Project, excluding Sales, Payments, Items, Roles, and Auction Type Packages.
- All Settings, All Data: This creates a carbon copy of your Project. Useful for backing up or creating a test Project you want Users to sandbox in.
- Choose What Settings and Data to Copy: This is an advanced option, allowing you to choose what settings you want to copy. This is the only option that allows you to copy a previous Project’s Website.
- Click Next.
- Schedule your event. This is an optional step, but highly recommended as it only benefits your organization! Required fields are marked with a red dot.
- You can always skip this step, but you will be prompted every time you log into the Project that it should be done.
- Click Submit.
- Click Finish to finalize your newest Project.