Online Bidding: Guest Check-in Without Admissions
The Go Time feature in Greater Giving Online handles Check-In, Auction Sales, and Guest Checkout. When you check your guests in using Go Time, they are automatically sent a welcome text to allow them to start bidding.
These steps are useful when you have attendees at the event who need access to the Online Bidding site, but you are not using Greater Giving for admission sales.
Remove Admissions From Go Time:
First we need to remove the Admissions area from Go Time’s Check In. To do this, follow the steps below:
- From the Project Home, click Project Settings under the Project Tasks header.
- Click the Edit Go Time Settings link on the right side of the screen.
- Uncheck the box for Show Select Guests Step.
- Click Save in the top or bottom right corner.
Event Check-In Process:
- On the Project Home, click on Go Time under the Project Tasks header. It will open in another tab on your browser.
- Click Checkin Attendee.
Check In Step 1: Get Name
- Type the guest’s name in the Attendee field (First Name Last Name - i.e. Robert Smith)
- Create a new Supporter by clicking Create New Supporter, or by hitting the Tab or Enter key on your keyboard.
- Check the Is an Online Bidder checkbox.
- Add a Mobile Number and Email Address.
- Click Update.
Check In Step 2: Add Credit Card
This area is used to store the credit card to be used for the guest’s purchases. A guest may already have opted to store a credit card prior to the event which will show on file. They may also swipe a credit card at Checkout.
- Click Swipe Card.
- Click within the textbox that appears, and swipe the card with the magnetic strip facing the arrows on the card reader.
- If the card cannot be read you can click Cancel and then click Type Manually. Type the credit card number, expiration date, and card holder name. Click OK.
- The card Information will automatically populate. Click Finish and Checkin is complete!
- A text message will be sent to the bidder to begin bidding.