Refunding a Credit Card through Online Payments
If you only use Online Payments, and not our Greater Giving Event software, you will have to follow these steps for refunding a credit card. If you also use our Greater Giving Online software, please see our Refunds article.
Note: You must have the permission of to Manage Accounts in Online Payments in order to process a Refund through Online Payments.
- Login to your unique Online Payments URL with the username and password provided to you after signup.
- Select Run a Report (alternatively, select Reports from the Manage button in the toolbar).
- Define a range that will return the transaction you want to refund.
- Make a checkmark next to the transaction you would like to refund and select the round Receipt button (alternatively, press Alt+V on your keyboard).
- Select the Refund this Transaction button.
- Enter the Refund Amount. Note the Max Refund cannot be exceeded.
- Check the box for ‘By checking this box and clicking Refund, I authorize Greater Giving to refund this supporter the requested amount from my organization’s bank account to their entire credit card. This refund will be made automatically, and I should not attempt a subsequent manual refund for this amount.