Adding Packages: Auction
Auction Packages are the basis for your silent and live auction, and also serve as Multisale Packages (such as raffle or drink tickets, mulligans, merchandise, or votes). Because they can fulfill a variety of different functions, Auction Packages can be set up in 2 different ways. With Items (for your silent and live auction) and without Items (for your multisales like raffle tickets). Below, we cover these 2 different methods.
Method 1: Adding a Package with Items
For regular Auction Packages that have a corresponding Item associated with them, follow these steps.
- From the Project Home, click the View/Edit Items link under the Items header.
- In the Package column of the Items grid you can see which items are assigned to packages and which are not. You can also use the Assigned to Package field in the Advanced Search to find all Items not currently in a Package.
- Click the checkbox on the left to select one or more unassigned Items and then click the Create Single Item Packages button in the toolbar.
- Note: If you do not make any selections, all Items will be converted into a Package.
- Alternatively, you can put multiple Items into a single Package by clicking the Assign Items to Package button.
- Note: If you choose this method, you will have the option to set the Package Name, Class, Section, and Value Type.
- Click OK in the pop up window to create your Packages. Numerical factors such as Value, Minimum Bid, and Minimum Raise will be calculated based on the Value of the Items in the Package. See Setting up Bid Sheets to customize the calculations.
Method 2: Adding a Package without Items
For regular Auction Packages that do not have a corresponding Item associated with them, follow these steps. See Multiple Sale Packages for Packages you wish to sell multiple times at a fixed price.
- From the Project Home, click the View/Edit Packages link under the Packages header.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter in basic information:
- Package Number - You can enter a number yourself, or let the software auto-assign a number. Tip: Use the smaller box to the right to add a letter.
- Package Name - The name of the Package. We recommend short, descriptive Package names.
- Class - Recommended to group your Packages in a meaningful way, and will be used in Online Bidding.
- Section - Recommended to sort your Packages by live and silent auctions, and will be used in Online Bidding.
- Show in Catalog - This is a flag that your Catalog uses to determine if the Package should be included.
- Addendum - If you have already created the Catalog, you can mark this Package as an Addendum to the Catalog.
- Value Type - Defaults to Estimable, but can be customized by Customizing your Picklists.
- Value - This is the fair market value for the Package. You will have to click the chain link icon to the right to edit this field.
- Minimum Bid - This is the initial starting bid for the Package.
- Minimum Raise - This is the minimum amount the Package can be raised.
- Guaranteed Purchase Price - This is the price that Supporters can pay to outright purchase the Package.